Flat Lock Tiles
- Diamond, Rectangular and Square Tiles
- Perfect Solution for Curved Surfaces
- Appropriate for roofs with 3 in 12 pitch or greater.
- Widths up to 2’-0”; lengths up to 10’-0”.
Flat Lock Tiles
Flat Lock Tiles offer designers tremendous design freedom as they can be installed vertically, horizontally or diagonally, in a range of widths. Variable joint staggering also opens up a wealth of options for designing.
Flat Lock Tiles may be produced manually or by machine and offer reliable and appealing solutions for complex shapes thanks to their small format. Flat lock tiles are suitable for large areas of roofing including towers, dormers, chimney stacks and roof edges. Virtually all curves can be accommodated without a problem.
For optimum flatness, maintain overall panel dims at less than 24”x 48”.
- 0.7 mm thick RHEINZINK is recommended for tiles less than 2 square feet.
- 0.8 mm thick RHEINZINK is recommended for tiles from 2square feet or larger.
- 1.0 mm thick RHEINZINK isrecommended for optimum flatness on larger tiles.
- 0.7 mm thick RHEINZINK for panel widths 12” -16”.
- For cost effectiveness and ease of fabrication and installation limit panel lengths to 10’-0”. Consult a RHEINZINK representative for applications requiring longer lengths.
- Drained and back ventilated rainscreen system with interlocking hooked seams. No sealants or gaskets required.
- Refer to the RHEINZINK baseline details for corner, parapet, and penetration options. Consult a RHEINZINK representative for customized applications.
- Panels can be roll formed or fabricated using brake forming or folding machines.
- Consult a RHEINZINK representative for advise on whether your project requires a ventilated mat and / or factory applied backside coating.
PROTECT: For aesthetic reasons, we recommend RHEINZINK PROTECT in tropical climate zones; in subtropical and temperate climate zones for coastal applications, and in all climate zones for soffits and splash zones. Consult a RHEINZINK representative for further information.
These tiles offer designers tremendous design freedom as they can be installed vertically, horizontally or diagonally, in a range of widths. Variable joint staggering also opens up a wealth of options for designing. Complex structures with convex and concave geometries are equally attainable with this roof system.
Click here to learn more about St. Catherine’s Church, that needed only a partial re-roof after 120 years of the original zinc roof.
For more examples of Flat Lock projects, be sure to visit the RHEINZINK Gallery!