Batten Seam System
- Precision fit components: Batten Seam fastener, ridge and eave termination caps
- Reduced requirement for tools or machines
- Time-saving assembly
- Rainproof longitudinally seamed joint with a min. pitch of 2:12
- Wooden rail replacement including clips and continuous cleats
- Panel lengths up to 19.7'
RHEINZINK-Batten Seam System
The Batten Seam system is considered to be one of the most traditional metal roof covering techniques still in use today. With the RHEINZINK-Batten Seam system, panels and caps can be produced to a length of 19' in a single process. The RHEINZINK-Batten Seam system is also available in the standard lengths of 9'. This system is suitable for roof pitches of min. 2:12 without the any need for additional sealing. Air-Z or Enkamat (7008 or 7010) underlay or weather / rain-proof undercovers are essential.
The Batten Seam system fastener, made of 1.0 mm thick galvanized steel, replaces the earlier wooden rail plus clips and continuous cleats: the fastener also functions as the fixing profile for the panels and batten seam cap carrier. At the lower end the roll cap flares out to allow the individual caps to overlap slightly.
For additional information on the Batten Seam system, please contact your local RHEINZINK representative.