prePATINA LINE - Living Material
Naturally Preweathered Surfaces
- Natural material
- Develops a natural patina
- Durable and low to no-maintenance
- 100% recyclable - infinitely
- prePATINA surfaces available in blue-grey and graphite-grey
- Easy to profile; malleable and bendable
- Extensive range of semi-finished products
- A wide assortment of roof drainage goods and accessories
- Wide variety of applications relevant to roof, facade, roof drainage and architectural details
Consisting of prePATINA blue-grey and prePATINA graphite-grey surfaces will patinate as nature intended when exposed to wetting and drying cycles. PrePATINA blue-grey and prePATINA graphite-grey will continue to age over time in response to microclimatic conditions. These natural patinas may appear lighter when used in locations where the air contains chlorides.
When using the natural RHEINZINK-prePATINA LINE surfaces in areas subject to a marine climate, white deposits may develop on the surface due to the salt in the atmosphere. These natural deposits integrate into the natural patina and because of the color contrast, are more visible on the darker, RHEINZINK-prePATINA graphite-grey surface. This will not affect the function or expected service life of the material when used on facades, roofs or other cladded building components. The natural patina will appear lighter when used in locations where the air contains chlorides. When used in environments where sulphur levels are higher, (e.g. industrial pollution), the patina may appear somewhat darker than usual.
RHEINZINK is manufactured to exceed the requirements of Euro-Norm Standard DIN EN 988 (formerly DIN 17770), which prescribes certain minimum material properties for titanium zinc. RHEINZINK is constantly subjected to quality control monitoring according to DIN EN 988, DIN ISO 9001, DIN ISO 14001 requirements, and additionally by an external inspection through an accredited, independent institute (TÜV Rheinland), according to the “Quality Zinc” criteria. RHEINZINK conforms with ASTM B69-16 - Type 1 and Type 2 for Architectural Rolled Zinc. Type 1 is for bright rolled and blue-grey zinc and Type 2 is for graphite-grey zinc. Currently, RHEINZINK is the only manufacturer with a Type 2 designation.
- Standard thicknesses: 0.7mm. 0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.2mm and 1.5mm
- Coil and Sheet widths up to 39.4" for prePATINA bright rolled and prePATINA blue-grey, prePATINA graphite-grey
RHEINZINK-prePATINA blue-grey material can be delivered with a protective film, upon request. For RHEINZINK-prePATINA graphite-grey, materials are always shipped with a protective film.