PROTECT LINE - Pure and Durable
- Natural material
- Transparent coating providing surface protection in coastal and tropical climates, soffits and areas close to sidewalk splash zones.
- Durable and low to no-maintenance
- 100% recyclable - infinitely
- Preweathered surfaces available in blue-grey and graphite-grey
- Easy to profile, malleable and bendable
The PROTECT LINE is RHEINZINK-prePATINA blue-grey and graphite-grey with a transparent coating. This coating was developed to postpone the aging process, prolonging the initial appearance of the preweathered material. For aesthetic reasons, the durable surface protection is recommended for aggressive microclimates, these include coastal or tropical climates, and for special details such as soffit cladding. PROTECT includes all the positive characteristics the PATINA line possesses including malleability, durability and sustainability.
RHEINZINK is manufactured to exceed the requirements of Euro-Norm Standard DIN EN 988 (formerly DIN 17770), which prescribes certain minimum material properties for titanium zinc. RHEINZINK is constantly subjected to quality control monitoring according to DIN EN 988, DIN ISO 9001, DIN ISO 14001 requirements, and additionally by an external inspection through an accredited, independent institute (TÜV Rheinland), according to the “Quality Zinc” criteria. RHEINZINK conforms with ASTM B69-13 -Type 1 and Type 2 for Architectural Rolled Zinc. Type 1 is for blue-grey zinc, Type 2 is for graphite-grey zinc. Currently, RHEINZINK is the only manufacturer with a Type 2 designation.
- Standard thicknesses: 0.7mm. 0.8mm, 1.0mm and 1.2mm
- Coil and Sheet widths up to 39.4" for PROTECT blue-grey and PROTECT graphite-grey
The RHEINZINK-PROTECT LINE includes coils and sheets available in RHEINZINK-PROTECT blue-grey and RHEINZINK-PROTECT graphite-grey only. As a standard, both materials are delivered with a protective film.